Girl on Fire

Sunday, November 04, 2012


No–this is not a post about Hunger Games. I am writing this post because I was literally on fire earlier this evening. After all the precautions you might take to improve fire safety in your home - see this post from Ryan Homes for more on that - you don't usually imagine yourself being flammable. My friend Kat was over and I thought it would be nice to light a few candles on my mantle. I stood on my TV stand because I couldn't reach the wick in the largest hurricane, and I leaned over a lit taper. Before I knew it, my hair was on fire. It lit up like a match and smelled horrible. I only singed a little hair by my hairline. And fortunately, it's not noticable.

While this is kind of funny, it could have been a lot more serious. Candles are kind of dangerous, so as the cold weather and holidays approach, please be careful with them. Pull your hair back, or don't lean over a burning taper.

Good luck to you.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. AH scary! Such a pretty picture, but unfortunate event! Thanks for the reminder to stay safe :)

    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dayss!! Such a pretty photograph but so glad you still have your hair! My curly locks would have all gone up in flames as I wear so much hairspray etc.

    Eda ♥

    Candyfloss Curls, Cupcakes & Couture

    @BloggerEda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you wrote this post because I caught my hair on fire the other evening too! I was leaning over to change the source settings on my TV and BOOM, hair on fire! It was a scary moment for sure! I patted it out but waaaaaa... some of my hair was gone :( Cheers to growing it back together!

    xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete