And then I snapped out of it. Because things are great and I have found the good in all of this. Here's a list of everything good that will come from this move:
1. I will be saving ~ $400 each month and am gaining 200 square feet. These two factors are the reasons that I am making a move in the first place.
2. I'll be in an older/more charming place. Lots of pretty detail. Very me.
3. I can fit 1-2 shelving units (more storage!) and a chair in my living room!
4. I can also finally buy a (small) dining table. Hooray for dinner parties!
5. Great neighborhood.
6. I get to do a little redecorating. And to say I live for interior design would probably not be an understatement. I am getting excited.
7. w/d in the unit! Hooray!
And then there's the redecorating. I took forever to furnish my current place. Fortunately, I already have furniture and just need to get a few pieces/accessories.
So here's what's on the list:
1. New headboard (ordered 2 days ago)!
2. Dining table and chairs
3. 1-2 shelving units
4. New throw pillows for sofa
5. Chair for living room
6. Shower curtain and bathroom rug
7. New coffee table or second Durham Bunching Table
Change terrifies me, but I figured that if I can handle moving from LA to Chicago, moving 3 miles away from my current location in Chicago should be a piece of cake. So, let the decorating commence!
Let's start with a few favorite shelving units. I am losing some kitchen cabinets and plan on stacking all of my white dishware, kitchenaid mixer, mixing bowls, ceramic canisters etc. on a shelf. And yes -- everything I own is white. I already know which one I'm going with but I wanted to share my top 3 with you. And I may end up purchasing a second unit for my bedroom.
Which one would you choose?